In Year Transfer
It is possible to join Kingdown School mid-year. This is known as an ‘in year transfer’. We normally welcome between 30 and 50 new students each year via this process
To join Kingdown School via the ‘in year transfer’ process, the following steps need to be taken:
- Send an email to Mrs Hill, Deputy Head i/c of Admissions. Her email address is email@example.com
- A visit will be arranged for you / your son/daughter to look around the school
- If you have a copy of your child’s most recent school report, please bring it with you to your meeting
- Download the In Year application form from Wiltshire County Council (external link)
- Complete the form and send it to Wiltshire County Council (the address is on the form)
- We will process your application and be in contact from there
Providing your application is successful, a start date will be agreed, and you will be told which House your child will join. (Certain uniform items, e.g. ties, are in house colours so it is important to know this when buying uniform).
New students usually start at 10.30am on their first day to give them a chance to meet their Head of House and their tutor.
New Students must come to school on their first day wearing correct school uniform, and ready to learn.
Every student is expected to be equipped with a pen, pencil, ruler and calculator.
Planned Admission Number
Our Planned Admission Number (PAN) is 277 in year groups 7 to 11.
Wiltshire County Council
You can apply for a place at Kingdown School through the Admissions Team at Wiltshire County Council.
The quickest way is to complete an application form online by visiting the County Council’s website:
Contact details for the Admissions Team:
Schools Admissions Team
Telephone number: 01225 713010