- Enhanced Provision
- The Link
The Link Centre is located within the on-site Enhanced Provision centre on Kingdown School's main school site. This is located on the lower floor of the Languages Building - near to the Dining Hall.
It offers temporary and longer term education placements to students who find learning in a mainstream secondary school extremely challenging due to difficulties with Communication and Interaction and/or difficulties relating to behaviour.
It is staffed full-time by one specialist teacher. Additional teachers offering subject specialism assist in delivering a rounded curriculum.
The Link has access to an outside green space where students are able to take their break times and have some of their lessons (weather allowing).
There are no more than six children placed at The Link at any one time. Kingdown’s Senior Leadership Team oversee and support The Link.
Access to The Link
To best support the student, we gather documentation related to your child’s need including:
• A comprehensive MSP, EHCP or Behaviour Plan and review documents;
• A risk assessment if relevant;
• Any de-escalation or manual handling plans;
• A one-page profile advocating the child’s voice;
• An Enhanced Provision application form;
• A completed SNIP behaviour audit;
• Any relevant outside agency reports.
Who to contact
If you have any questions about our enhanced provision at Kingdown School, then please contact Mrs Stamp.