Albeit in a slightly different format but hopefully equally of use. If you have any articles / news items you’d like to share, then please email email@example.com We’d love to see pictures of the work being produced and being kept in the loop about the activities you’ve been up to or submit via twitter (@kingdownschool)
News you should be aware of
Home School Update
As we approach the final weeks of term and of home school, motivation for young people can be hard to maintain!
With the easing of some restrictions, your children probably want to start re-building their friendships rather than texting and we can understand this and know how important it is.
When we are in school in the summer term normally, we keep the learning going but teachers often adapt lessons to keep tired students going.
Here’s a few tips to keep the home learning going using the work set by us on G4S:
- Give lots of praise for what is achieved.
- Help your child know when to take a break…and when to learn, whether it is using the timetable or your own judgement.
- Try short bursts. Agree what will be achieved in 30 minutes or a realistic time frame then take a break (for our younger learners in particular).
- Get some fresh air and exercise as a break – try some of our PE virtual games activities!
- Direct your child to a task they enjoy and can achieve – baking, their favourite subject etc.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you have a day where not much is achieved!
- Remember we are there in September to help your child catch up – we are already planning this.
- We are also able to support your child if it’s all too much – start by contacting their tutor.
Thanks once again for your support with Home School.
Year 11 and 13 textbooks to be returned
If you have any textbooks borrowed from school, these can now be returned to Reception. There will be a box for you to drop these in. Please a slip of paper inside the cover with your name on it, and the teacher / department the book needs returning to.
If any textbooks were borrowed from school using a deposit scheme, we will arrange for your deposit to be returned once books are received.
Year 10 and Year 12 1-2-1s
A reminder that Year 10 1-2-1 sessions finish on Friday 10th July to allow Year 12s to attend 90 minute 1-2-1 and small group sessions with their teacher w/b Monday 13th July. Full details will be emailed on Monday 6th July by Mr Humphrey.
How to videos
Mr Grayson has very kindly put together a video of :
- Introduction to Office 365 – Outlook, Teams, Calendar, Word, One Drive, Shared folders and comments.
- How to access a Teams Meeting
- How to access email
- How to access go4schools
- How to email attachments (show evidence of work)
- How to send attachments too large for email through one Drive
- Using word through office 365 & Share with a teacher
- Using Excel through office 365 & Share with a teacher
- Moving files from the computer to the OneDrive
- What is Office 365?
Please check your emails! Mrs Twigger has sent a link to your Millennium assembly
Year 11 parents of students, leaving Kingdown…please complete the short survey: https://forms.gle/dsbYjswauNwUgD6T9 (It’s a new format, so easy to access now; please complete if not done so already). There will be another important one in August to complete, so please ensure we have your up to date contact details.
Events this week:
Year 11/12/13 workshops: Wednesday 8th July, 11.00am: “Preparing for digital & online recruitment”. Please e-mail Miss Gale now to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org (limited spaces).
Careers Newsletter – Friday 3rd July
Can be read online here (PDF, 394kb)
Miss Gale – Careers
Lots of great Design videos for their marble challenge
Term 6 PE Challenge Journey Current Results
Pictures of your learning