Dear parents / carers,
I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all the help and support you have given us in delivering our remote lessons.
The challenges and difficulties faced by all over the last eight weeks have been significant and we have listened to feedback on the amount of work being set for Key Stage 3 students and have adapted our plans for Term 6.
- We have swapped to a one week time table (copy below and a printable copy attached and on the website)
- We have changed to 3 lessons a day
- We will set work for one week at a time rather than a fortnight – this will reduce the amount of work a student sees in one go.
- We will remove work that is over 2 weeks old.
I hope this helps and as always, all your son/daughter’s teachers are available on e mail to provide support and to feedback on work completed. The timetable for KS3 Curriculum support students is attached to this e mail.
The timetable for KS3 (Years 7 and 8):
Obviously, this is just a suggestion and you are free to structure home education as suits you and your child best.
Recent guidelines from the government suggest that Years 7, 8 and 9 will not be returning to school before September. To ensure students have the best opportunity to progress under these circumstances, teachers will be setting short assessment pieces and feeding back on areas for improvement. We will also be sending out end of year reports from tutors in term 6.
If you are having issues with IT access please let your son/daughters tutor know and do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions about the new remote learning system.
On a fun note we are making a film for the Year 6 who will be coming to us in September, about all the things we are looking forward to when we go back to Kingdown School and we would love some input from our KS3 students.
Please check out the link: http://www.kingdown.wilts.sch.uk/school-video-opportunity/
Thank you and take care everyone.
Downloads and Related Links:
- Key Stage 3 Timetable in Word to edit (.docx, 13kb)
- KS3 curriculum support timetable term 6 (.docx, 13kb)