The Home School Agreement is included in every students’ personal organiser and each year parents, students and tutors sign a copy in agreement with the statements it makes.
The agreement is split into three main sections.
Kingdown School will:
- Contact the parent(s) if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or equipment;
- Let the parent(s) know about concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour and keep parents informed about the achievements of their child;
- Send home regular assessments and an annual report of progress;
- Provide and promote the use of a personal organiser by monitoring its use in tutor time;
- Regularly set, mark and monitor homework for all pupils;
- Provide an appropriate curriculum for all pupils, including a wide range of extra curricular activities;
- Arrange parents’ evenings during which pupils’ progress will be discussed;
- Try to keep parent(s) informed about the life and activities of the school through the newsletter and letters home.
- Try to be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for parents to become involved with the life of the school.
- Try to promote a safe and happy working environment.
As a student, I will:
- Attend school regularly, on time and come properly equipped (Target attendance above 98%);
- Wear the school uniform and be tidy in my appearance;
- Use the personal organiser properly and share its use with my parents;
- Do all my classwork and homework and well as I can;
- Be polite and considerate to others and allow them to get on with their work;
- Accept the authority of teachers and other staff;
- Talk to my parents about my successes and problems at school;
- Care for school property and equipment.
As a parent, I will:
- Make sure that my child attends school regularly, on time and is properly equipped (target attendance above 98%);
- Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour;
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines on behaviour and dress code and encourage my child to follow them;
- Try to support my child in homework, coursework and other opportunities for home learning;
- Encourage my child to take part in extra curricular activities;
- Try to attend parents’ meetings and discussions about my child’s progress;
- Encourage my child to respect others and their property;
- Keep an interest in my child’s life at school and sign my child’s personal organiser every week.
Related Links and Downloads