To our students,
With the coming school closure, your safety and wellbeing remains a priority for us.
We understand that we are in a time of uncertainty which may be causing you some confusion and worry.
We would like to remind you that even when school is closed, members of staff will be available on emails for you to contact, including your tutor, your teachers and your Head of House. All staff email addresses can be found here on the school website: http://www.kingdown.wilts.sch.uk/staff-contacts/
If you have any concerns about keeping yourself safe, you can email Mr Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also a number of support networks available that may be useful at this time:
- NHS. You can call 999 in an emergency, or 111 if you have a medical problem and aren’t sure what to do. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- CAMHS is a specialist service providing support for people under 18 who are struggling with poor mental health. Their website is https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/camhs/wiltshire/
- Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. They are a free and confidential service and can be reached by calling 0800 1111, or by visiting www.childline.org.uk
- NSPCC works to help keep children safe and more information can be found at www.nspcc.org.uk
- Kooth provides online and anonymous counselling for children and young people, at www.kooth.com
- YoungMinds are a charity who work to help youth mental health. Their website is www.youngminds.org.uk and they run a crisis messaging service, available 24/7, by texting YM to 85258.
Remember – we’re still here, even if we don’t see each other every day!
Wishing you the very best,
The Heads of House, Kingdown School